Nagpur violence: A person injured in the violence in Nagpur on March 17 has died. This person named Irfan Ansari was undergoing treatment at Mayo Hospital. Meanwhile, the police have arrested 14 more people in connection with the violence, taking the total number of arrests to 105. According to the police, 10 minors are also included in the 14 people arrested on Friday. Apart from this, three more FIRs have been registered regarding this incident. Even after 6 days of this violence, curfew is still imposed in 9 areas.
How did the violence erupt?
Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) had protested in Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar district demanding the removal of Mughal emperor Aurangzeb's tomb. During this, a rumor spread that a sheet containing sacred inscriptions would be burnt, after which stone pelting and arson took place in many areas of Nagpur. Nagpur Police Commissioner Ravinder Kumar Singhal said that so far 105 people have been arrested in cases related to the riots and three new FIRs have been registered. He said that a decision to lift the curfew from some areas of the city will be taken soon.
Let us tell you that after Holi, riots broke out in Nagpur on the night of Monday, i.e. 17 March. After this violence, curfew was imposed in 11 police station areas of Nagpur city, out of which curfew was lifted from two police station areas on Thursday through an order by the Nagpur Police Commissioner.
Policeman also injured
During the violence, 33 policemen including three DCP level police officers were injured. Police have registered a case of treason against the main accused in this case, Faheem Khan. To monitor the situation, the Police Commissioner held a meeting at the Police Bhawan in Civil Lines. The administration is keeping a close watch on the situation. Meanwhile, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has reached Nagpur for the first time after the violence. CM Fadnavis also met senior police officers regarding the riots in Nagpur.